Monday, February 7, 2011

Boost your Know, Like, & Trust Factor on Facebook with Fanpagenotifier.com

Social Media has changed how we do business and how we market…forever. Big statement. Big truth.

Gone are the days when we relied on local and regional marketing channels to reach our audience in an effort to convert to clients and customers. Our reach is now global thanks to Social Networking sites, which require us to be even more savvy in our building of relationships because of the “virtual world” we now operate in.

Our core online etiquette requires an organic authenticity in our postings as we build the know, like and trust factor with our communities - so that our message and branding comes through clear in this virtual platform.

From my “5 Straight Up Truths about Social Media Marketing,” article:

"Social Media is first and foremost about building quality relationships in a community format. Watch your mindset and intention as you post. Gratitude, appreciation, kindness, giving, and serving are all energetically responsible intentions. It’s not about convincing and prodding. It’s building the KNOW, LIKE, & TRUST factor first to prospective and existing clients, customers or patients; selling/promoting second. Social Media is the NEW PR."

A savvy tool I added to my marketing toolbox a few months ago for building the “KLT” factor and to boost my effectiveness on Facebook while streamlining my time is fanpagenotifier.com. It’s a free fan page application to assist you in nurturing your client, customer or patient relationship(s). Without this application, activities and posts on your fan page or important fan pages you “like” go unnoticed.

Fan page notifier application alerts you via email when someone posts on your fan page wall and it allows you to be notified of important fan pages when the administrator posts to the wall. This is the solution to the complaint I hear quite often, “Why does FB not have a way to communicate to me when someone posts on my fan page?”

This strategy allows you to stay on top of activities from your own fan page and priority fan pages you are a fan of so you may interact in a timely fashion. I am notified via email on my own page, and several client and mentor fan pages so I don’t miss important info.

Now, yes, you do need to maintain these email notifications, but it offers a smart way to stay connected to your most important fan pages. This is revenue producing time!

It’s a simple process to add the application by going to the website and clicking “connect with Facebook.” Then you are brought to a page that lists all your fan pages for you to choose which ones you want to be notified on. I have had clients experience some glitches with the program where it may be a challenge to initiate the application, but a few days of patience will remedy that. Meaning, the program will eventually integrate itself into your Facebook coding.

Come join my fan page at www.facebook.com/socialmediasavvy for current activities in social media, savvy tips, tools, and strategies. And let me know how the application is working for you by posting on my wall, ok?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great news, I've been frustrated trying to manage my fan page for this very reason.

Marla said...

You are so welcome Chris! It is a BIG help to me. I now stay in contact with not only my own page posts but those of clients who I want to keep the KLT factor building and interest.

Yvonne Hall said...

It was nice and overwhelming to see how many pages I've got linked to my account!
I started with a few and will see how it goes/where it will alert me etc.
Thanks for the info!

Yvonne Hall
taming dinnertime chaos
www.facebook.com/wildforwildtree

Marla said...

Yvonne, I know it is quite a surprise to see the list. Good idea to try out a few and see how it works. It may take 24 hours for your account to integrate into the system. Compare this to Hyper Alerts and see which one suits you ;)

Glad to have you here!
Marla