Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let's Walk and Run for Life!

April 2003 I heard the words from my doctor "You have breast cancer." My life changed forever as you can imagine.

Now almost 8 years later I am thriving and living a life I love.

I turned my challenge into a gift almost immediately after diagnosis. I stepped into activism for Susan G. Komen Foundation. I inspired women and their families for over 6 years when I spoke to audiences large and small about my survivor story and Komen initiatives. I was honored. I then became a board member for two terms.


What a journey.


Now, as a past speaker chair and past board member, I know this organization walks their talk. I am proud and honored to be part of a movement that saves lives in more ways than you can imagine.


I have started a team for the 15th annual Race for the Cure event March 6th 2011 at Dodgers Stadium.


If you have not experienced a Race for the Cure® day, you are in for an emotionally-charged, inspiring and revitalizing memory. Over 10,000 people bring their energy and compassion for a day of fitness and giving back.


Come join my team! Put on your best running shoes, pack your water, (I'm supplying the energy drinks for my team members), and bring an open heart to give all the love you can to this remarkable cause! It only takes a minimum $40 registration fee (or more if you like to donate) by clicking here on my team page.


Please help reach my fundraising goal of $5,000 by making a tax-deductible donation. Serving on the board I saw where over $1 million annually was being disbursed. It's real. Women and programs are being funded all over Los Angeles County.

75% of funds raised remain in LA County/25% go to national headquarters for research.


Come on! Let's have a ball! Get your running shoes on and let's save lives together, ok?

No comments: